We Care . . . We Can Help . . .
Most women do not really want an abortion. They just want their situation to change. Do you really want an abortion? There are many facts to consider before getting an abortion.
ABORTION IS A DECISION THAT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOREVER!
Things to think about:
- Excessive bleeding, possibly causing removal of the uterus and an inability to have children
- Puncture and tearing of the womb (uterus)
- Infection (mild to fatal--sometimes parts of the baby are left inside the womb)
- Cervical laceration in 5% of women
- Hepatitis from blood transfusions, blood clots and embolisms
- Sterility, ranging from 2-5% of abortions
- Infertility, caused by scraping that damages the lining of the uterus
- Miscarriages in future desired pregnancies
- Premature delivery because of damage to the cervix in future desired pregnancies
- Tubal pregnancies increase from 8 to 20-fold by abortion in future desired pregnancies
- Breast cancer
Post Abortion Syndrome:
- Anxiety disorders
- Outbursts of anger or rage
- Aggressive behavior
- Difficulty concentrating
- Nightmares or sleeping disorders
- Recurrent and intrusive thoughts about the abortion or the aborted child
- Flashbacks to the abortion experience
- Feelings of intense grief or depression on the due date of the aborted pregnancy or the anniversary of the abortion
- Repression or denial of feelings about the abortion
- Efforts to avoid activities or situations that remind them of the pregnancy or abortion
- Withdrawal or estrangement from others, especially those involved in the abortion decision
- Inability to maintain loving or trusting relationships
- A sense of hopelessness or futility about the future
- Diminished interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Drug or alcohol abuse
- Suicidal thoughts or acts
- Other self-destructive tendancies including eating disorder and sexual disfunction
Abortion is NOT your only choice. You need not face this problem alone. There are people who care about you and your baby - people who will help you in this time of desperate need. Abortion is FATAL. Please examine the alternatives!
Take your time. Remember: Take at least 48 hours to think about your decision. Is it really necessary to have an abortion in order to solve the problems caused by your pregnancy? There are thousands of loving couples waiting to adopt. There are also thousands of women just like you that have decided to parent a child. Your decision will be with you for a lifetime - make it a choice you can live with!
What Does God Say About Abortion?
We Care . . . We Can Help . . .
"Dear Cheryl, I received your letter and I appreciate the time and dedication you’ve put into my case.
I’m happy to tell you that I decided to have my baby. I talked to my mom and she understands. I have also already started going to the doctor. You’re probably wondering what made me change my mind. Well, it was thanks to you and others that care about me and talked to me when I was going through those moments when I didn’t know what to do, and felt alone without a support or help. I want to thank you for your time and concern on the phone. God did hear your prayers! I will keep in touch and thank you again."
"You Have A Right To Know," Heritage House '76 Inc., 2008.
"Post Abortion Syndrome: Are You at Risk?" David Reardon PhD, Heritage House '76 Inc., 2008.
"You're Considering An Abortion: What Can Happen To You?" Heritage House '76, Inc., 2007.